Ford is Now Accepting Applications for the ‘Built Ford Tough Texas High School Football Player of the Week’ Program
Each week during the 2011 Texas High School Football Season, Ford Motor Company will name six Players of the Week. Each week, one player will named from the six major classifications of high school football: 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A and Private School.
This year, votes can be cast online at the website www.playeroftheweek.com. Fans can also interact on Facebook and Twitter during the season. The Facebook page is located at www.Facebook.com/texasforddealers and you can follow discussion about the program on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/txforddealers.
Ford Player of the Week Program: How it Works
The Built Ford Tough Texas High School Football Player of the Week program will recognize one high school student-athlete in six of the state’s athletic classifications every week of the regular season of the 2011 Texas high school football schedule.
Throughout the 2011 football season, fans can nominate any player who takes the field for the Player of the Week Award, as long as they excel in three categories:
- Individual performance on the field, including significant statistics from that week’s game;
- Contribution to the team’s success through their individual leadership abilities;
- Performance off the field of play, including academic success and good community citizenship.
At the conclusion of the 10-week regular season, Ford and an independent advisory board will select one student-athlete from the ten weekly winners to be the Built Ford Tough Texas High School Football Player of the Year in each classification. Following the championship games, honorees will once again be recognized at a statewide banquet event.
During the 2010 season, 60 outstanding student-athletes were named Built Ford Tough Texas High School Football Players of the Week. At season’s end, the following players who excelled on the field, in the classroom and in their communities were named as the Built Ford Tough Texas High School Football Players of the Year:
- Class 5-A: Cam McDaniel, RB, Coppell High School
- Class 4-A: Johnathan Gray, RB, Aledo and Johnny Manziel, QB-S, Kerrville Tivy
- Class 3-A: Anthony Morgan, QB, Carthage High School
- Class 2-A: Jack Rhoades, QB-S, Cameron Yoe High School
- Class 1-A: Aaron Bueno, QB-DB, Ben Bolt-Palito Blanco High School
- Private Schools: Peter Ashton, QB-FS, Grapevine Faith Christian High School